Most salespeople believe that there is some magic pill or secret words to overcoming objections. This simply is not true. Objections are simply FEARS NOT ADDRESSED!
What does this mean? Here are a few solutions:
- Ask Questions. Find out what objections your client might be having, then address those objections in a non-adversarial way before they’re addressed. This is a key reason why I use my Client Discussion Checklist. Many of their concerns will be addressed by you BEFORE they ask the question.
- Prepare and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE responses to common objections. “There are probably at least six objections that we get most and most agents don’t have a response to those or they handle it one way one time and another way another time and then they get confused. Thus again…. Why a checklist is invaluable!
- Speak Confidently! Confidence is a great objection handler. Even if you don’t know the answer…. Let them know confidently that you will get back to them asap with an answer.
- Ask MORE Questions! One common objection is that the market isn’t good and sellers want to wait. Here are a few questions you can ask:
- Great, how long are you planning to wait?
- What do you think the market is going to be like next year?
- If I could share with you how you might g4t a higher price for your home today, would you be open to moving up your plans?
- What would the perfect scenario look like for you to move sooner?
- Use a Checklist every time! I have done probably well over 10,000 client presentations in my 17 year career and I STILL use a Client Discussion Checklist with every client…. Every time!
Want a copy of my Client Discussion Checklist? Click here!
Would love your feedback and questions. I am happy to help you with any specific objections you may be having. Just comment below.